The Great War Remembered
The largest battle of the Western Front where over one million soldiers were wounded or made the ultimate sacrifice in 1916. We visit the key sites, locations, memorials and cemeteries of the battlefields. We uncover fascinating insights and stories on this moving tour of remembrance in the company of our local expert historian.
Departing 1st October 2021
From £689 per person sharing
- Return flights from Belfast City Airport to London Heathrow with Aer Lingus
- Airport taxes and security charges
- 1 piece of checked 20kg baggage
- Executive coaching for the duration of your tour
- Cross channel ferry, Dover – Calais
- 4 nights’ accommodation in 3* Holiday Inn Express, Arras
- Visits to Grandcourt Cemetery, the Ulster Tower, Theipval Memorial, Lochnagar Crater
- Full day tour including The Irish Peace Tower, Tyne Cot Cemetery, Essex Farm
- Visit Ypres and the Passchendaele Memorial Museum
- Attend The Last Post Ceremony
- Free time in Arras
- Services of an accompanying experienced Travel Solutions tour manager
- Single Supplement – £150 per person
Flight times (correct at time of print)
Outward: 08:50 / 10:20
Return: 19:45 / 21:05
Note: A valid British or EU member state passport is required for this tour.
Holiday Inn Express Arras is located in the city centre, opposite the train station. It offers air-conditioned rooms, a bar and 24-hour reception desk. Free Wi-Fi is available.
The soundproofed rooms at Holiday Inn Express Arras are equipped with a flat-screen satellite TV, telephone and private bathroom. The rooms are accessible by lift.
Guests can relax in the hotel’s large lounge, which has a large flat-screen TV, or on the terrace.
< Back to description
Check-in at Belfast City Airport for our flight to London Heathrow where we board our coach and travel to Dover for a ferry crossing to Calais and on to our hotel in Arras, France
Today we depart for a full day tour including The Irish Peace Tower, Tyne Cot Cemetery, Essex Farm and site of the famous Christmas Truce. We explore Ypres at leisure before visiting the Passchendaele Memorial Museum. Later we attend The Last Post Ceremony at The Menin Gate Memorial to the missing.
After breakfast we meet our local expert and proceed to the Somme Valley where we will visit the Grandcourt Cemetery. We then visit The Ulster Tower, a memorial to the Officers and Men of the 36th (Ulster) Division – a replica of Helen’s Tower in Co. Down and first official memorial to be erected on the Western Front. Other sites include The Thiepval Memorial and Lochnagar Crater.
This morning we have some free time to discover our surrounds. Our hotel is located in the centre with many restaurants, bars, shops and impresive Grand Place. In the afternoon we meet our local expert for a tour of Vimy Ridge battlefield and trenches where 60,000 Canadians lost their lives.
After checking out, we travel back to London Heathrow via Calais and Dover for our return flight to Belfast.
< Back to description
Departing 1 Oct 2021
Adult prices from £689