The Beautiful Cotswolds & Stratford-upon-Avon
Departing Fridays, 25 September 2015
4 Days from £289 per person sharing ~ Sept
As the title suggests ~ the Cotswolds is one of the most charming areas in England and an area of outstanding natural beauty. This popular holiday gives you the opportunity to visit some of the region's finest scenery, as you travel through the chocolate box villages, unique and famous for their weathered stone clad roofs, honey coloured stone buildings and the stunning English landscape. Sit back and enjoy the views first-hand, as you enjoy a steam railway journey through the beautiful countryside of the Cotswolds.
• Luxury coach travel from Coleraine, Ballymoney, Cloughmills, Ballymena, Dunsilly and Belfast Port *plus additional coach connect pick up points at Bangor, Derry/Londonderry, Dungiven, Toome, Dungannon, Lurgan, Sprucefield, Newry & Banbridge
• Return ferry crossings with Stena Line– Belfast/Cairnryan
• 3 nights' accommodation at the 4* St. Johns Hotel, Solihull
• English breakfast and evening meals
• Steam Railway journey through the Cotswolds
• Visits to Broadway, Cheltenham, Chipping Campden, Bourton-on-the-Water & Stratford-upon-Avon
• Use of the hotel's leisure facilities
• Services of a tour manager
• Single Supplement - £57 per person
*This tour includes the following coach connect pick up point;
- Derry/Londonderry - NIR Station - Waterside
- Dungiven - Owen Beg GAA Complex
- Toome- Park and Ride, Toome By-pass
- Dungannon - Stangmore Roundabout
- Lurgan - Oxford Island M1 exit petrol station
- Sprucefield - M&S Bus Stop
- Newry - The Brass Monket
- Banbridge - The Coach Inn
- Bangor - NIR Station (NEW FOR 2015)
- Holywood - The War Memorial (NEW FOR 2015)
4* St Johns Hotel
The St Johns Hotel is located in Solihull close to Birmingham.Hotel facilities include onsite leisure facilities, bar and restaurant.
All of the 180 guest rooms are stylishly decorated, with luxury bedding to guarantee a relaxing stay.
You’ll find these as standard in all rooms and suites:
• High speed internet access
• Cable/satellite TV
• Pay per view movies
• Coffee maker/tea service
• Individual climate control
• Iron and ironing board
• Hair dryer
• Complimentary toiletries
You meet your coach and travel to Belfast to join the early morning ferry crossing to Cairnryan. On arrival, you continue to your hotel in Solihull, arriving late afternoon.
Today you travel to the typical Cotswolds village of Broadway often referred to as the 'Jewel of the Cotswolds', to enjoy some free time. Afterwards you will travel the short distance to Toddington Station to embark on a nostalgic steam railway journey through the glorious Cotswolds to the charming town of Cheltenham for free time at your leisure.
After breakfast, you will travel to the lovely unspoilt Cotswold town of Chipping Campden, where you are free at your leisure to explore the many beautiful buildings or shop on its famous High Street. Afterwards, you will visit the pretty village of Bourton-on-the-Water, often described as the 'Little Venice' of the Cotswolds and one of the most popular tourist spots in the region. Later in the day you will travel through Stow-on-the-Wold to Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. Here you are free at leisure to explore ~ why not visit the house where the world's most famous playwright was born and grew up, or discover the world famous Anne Hathaway's Cottage (both payable locally).
You depart your hotel and travel to Cairnryan to join the evening ferry crossing to Belfast. On arrival, you return to your original joining point.
Note: July departure the steam train will not be in operation, but will be substituted with a diesel train
Please select departure month below
The Beautiful Cotswolds & Stratford-upon-AvonDeparture Date - 25 Sep 2015
NEW TOURS JUST ADDED!